This project is a 3-story, with basement, addition to the existing museum that was constructed in 1927. It is designed to be a state-of-the-art facility to house the museum’s growing collection.
A $3.0 M facility upgrade consisting of two new structures. New building 1 houses administrative offices and is framed with a wood truss roof structure supported by load bearing wood stud walls. New building 2 is a pre-engineered metal building structure with foundations and bay layout designed by Brown+Kubican, PSC. This building houses classrooms, a cafeteria, and a large open gymnasium style training space.
This project consisted of one floor totaling approximately 27,000 sq ft. It is a steel frame structure utilizing steel joists, joist girders, and steel frame. The foundation system consists of a combination of drilled piers and shallow spread footings that bear on bedrock. The slab on grade is supported by a geogrid reinforced soil mat to bridge unsuitable fill that extended down to bedrock. The lateral force resisting system utilizes concentrically braced frames.