Our firm’s Associate Engineers are actively licensed in these states:
Brown + Kubican, PSC was formed in 2000 and has steadily grown to provide structural engineering consultation for many of the largest and most architecturally complex buildings in the region. We have a strong reputation for producing complete, highly detailed and well-coordinated construction documents that clearly convey the design intent. Our firm is based on solid engineering fundamentals and a thorough understanding of the building code and we are committed to continuing education and active professional memberships.
Our firm is headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky with an established branch office in Louisville. We are a growing team of 14 professional engineers, 2 engineers-in-training, and 4 BIM/CAD technicians, plus support staff.
Our projects include all types of building structures –arenas, health care facilities, educational facilities, office buildings, churches, jails and judicial buildings, theaters, factories, warehouses, parking structures, and recreational buildings. In addition to design services, the firm also offers forensic engineering and structural evaluation services to determine if an existing structure is suitable for continued or alternative use.
At Brown + Kubican, we offer more than just a job. We have passion for our work. Many within our firm have relocated from different parts of the country, bringing a diversified experience to a growing market.
(Lexington and Louisville Office)
Project engineer to manage, design, and detail building structures both independently and as part of a larger team. Will work as a liaison between other design professionals and our firm’s Principals, learn to select structural systems and conceptual framing, perform all necessary analysis and design calculations, develop construction drawings and specifications, self-perform drafting and written texts, review shop drawings, and review contractor’s work during construction.
- Master of Science Degree in Structural Engineering
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in the design of building structures
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Engineering design skills in steel, concrete, masonry, and timber
- Familiar with design codes
- Experience in production of construction documents (drawings and specifications)
- Versed in RAM OR RISA analysis software
- Fluent in AutoCAD and preferably REVIT
Salary & Benefits
- Full-time Position with overtime pay
- Bonuses based on employee and company profitability
- Profit Sharing
- Competitive benefits with medical, dental, and retirement
- Professional development
- Paid holidays and personal time off